As a Lead UI Designer in Immersion Group, you will be responsible for leading a team of designers to bring ideas and concepts to life and delivering against design strategy and project vision. You will work closely with UX Leads and designers to deliver end-to-end high-complexity projects efficiently and effectively while engaging with and managing stakeholders.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with BA’s, researchers, UX designers, content and branding teams to ensure that the visual design strategy intentionally caters for cross-platform product channels
- Being responsible for your project teams, taking ownership for quality and consistency in all UI designs, using best practice design methods and standards
- Building and playing back interactive prototypes of digital products to showcase complete customer/user product journeys
- Working with other members of the design team to implement and maintain the design system, striving to bring value and big-picture thinking to the project
- Presenting your work to the design team on a regular basis for feedback and validation
- Compiling and visually treating proposal decks for new business development
- Sharing knowledge with those around you, both inside and outside of the team, on UI standard methodologies, new developments and anything that can inspire and insight positive change
What You'll Need
To apply for this Lead UI Designer role, you will need at least 5+ years of experience in UI Design or Product Design in digital. You will also require a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, another relevant field, or equivalent industry experience. In addition, you will need an impressive portfolio that demonstrates approach and process and excellent creative implementation, along with experience of working with UI pattern libraries and design systems. Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, Adobe CS, and Zeplin are also essential.
(NICE TO HAVE’s)
- Experience in working in a corporate environment running Agile
- Experience in working in the Fintech or retail sectors
- Previous management or mentorship experience within a digital design team
- Competitive salary
- All the latest tech and software you need
- Management training and upskilling to further your career
- Rest up with 20 days’ leave per year
As a Level 1 BEE contributor, Immersion Group is fully committed to demonstrating sustainability by supporting social transformation and job creation in South Africa. We are fully committed to improving our candidate database profile and therefore give preference to AA/EE candidates.