As a Principal UI Designer in Immersion Group, you will be responsible for bringing excellence and experience to a team of designers by bringing ideas and concepts to life while delivering against design strategy and project vision. You will scope and orchestrate the project design deliverables together with the project/product manager or capability head to ensure the highest quality output in high-complexity projects. You will be accountable and responsible for team efficiency and effectively engage with and manage stakeholder and business expectations.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with BA’s, researchers, UX and UI designers, content and branding teams to define the visual design strategy and ensure that it intentionally caters for cross-platform product channels
- Being the creative lead for your project teams, taking ownership for quality and consistency in all Visual and UI designs, using best practice design methods and standards
- Quality assurance of designs, such as interactive prototypes, prior to showcasing complete customer/user product journeys to business stakeholders
- Identifying growth or expansion opportunities in a new or existing organisation design systems and working together with other members of the design team to implement updates, striving to bring continued value and consistency to the design capability.
- Presenting the teams’ work to the project team, business stakeholders or C-Suite executives on a regular basis for feedback and validation
- Compiling, scoping and visually treating proposal decks for new business development
- Sharing knowledge with those around you, both inside and outside of the team, on UI standard methodologies, new developments and anything that can inspire and insight positive change
- Building IP and processes to streamline design approaches and ways of work
- Contributing to articles, blogs, seminars as a thought-leader
What You'll Need
To apply for this Principal UI Designer role, you will need at least 8+ years of experience in UI Design or Product Design in digital. You will also require a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, another relevant field, or equivalent industry experience. In addition, you will need an impressive portfolio that demonstrates approach and process and excellent creative implementation, along with experience of working with or creating UI pattern libraries and design systems. Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, Adobe CS, and Zeplin are also essential.
(NICE TO HAVE’s)
- Experience in working in a corporate environment running Agile
- Experience in working in the Fintech or retail sectors
- Previous leadership experience within a digital design team
- A design community following on platforms like Behance, Dribbble or LinkedIn
- Competitive salary
- All the latest tech and software you need
- Management training and upskilling to further your career
- Rest up with 20 days’ leave per year
As a Level 1 BEE contributor, Immersion Group is fully committed to demonstrating sustainability by supporting social transformation and job creation in South Africa. We are fully committed to improving our candidate database profile and therefore give preference to AA/EE candidates.